Accidental Motel fire in Weatherford

The residents of a Weatherford motel were displaced Tuesday evening after an accidental fire broke out.

Weatherford and surrounding fire departments responded around 5 p.m. Tuesday to a fire at the Super Value Inn at Interstate 20 and Alford Drive.

The Weatherford Democrat says workers were soldering an item while fixing leaky plumbing behind a toilet in an upstairs room.

One of the workers realized there was a fire that was spreading faster than he could move, he began banging on the doors of nearby rooms to alert residents. Other area witnesses reported heavy smoke coming from the roof as firefighters from at least three departments arrived.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one room, though several other rooms sustained heavy smoke damage.. No injuries were reported. About six or seven families were affected. The Red Cross was assisting residents of the hotel Tuesday night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s