Wise County Man Loses Home to Fire Sunday Morning.

A Sunset home caught fire about 9:00 a.m. Sunday. Neighbors spotted the fire and called 911.

Chico, Alvord, and Crafton fire departments were dispatched to the scene. When the first fire units arrived, the home was fully involved.
It is believed that three dogs perished in the fire. Homeowner Charles Montgomery and several of his other dogs escaped without injury. His home in the 300 block of County Road 1792 was destroyed.
Wise County Fire Marshal, Chuck Beard, stated the fire was apparently caused by a wood burning stove in the back part of the home. The American Red Cross was called to assist Montgomery.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s